Rosie Wells
  • Just to let everyone know that my wife, Rosie, died this evening.
    Rosie was the manager and founder of the Armadale Website which incorporates the webpages of both the West Lothian Archaeology Group and the West Lothian Archaeological Trust of which she was a co-founder and also our KAP pages.
    In the field, she was an enthusiastic kite aerial photographer
    and, as a former teacher, loved working with children.
    Over the last few years, Rosie continued flying kites despite considerable pain and discomfort from her advancing cancer and repeated treatments.
    West Lothian Archaeology Group members Heidi Walker, James Gentles, Kieran Baxter, Rosie and John at Kieran's MSc presentation in Dundee. August 2012
    Happy times.
  • So sorry to hear this very sad news, John. Our thoughts are with you.
  • Oh John, I'm so sorry to hear that. You have my heartfelt sympathy. She looks such a cheerful lady in the photo. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.

Fly High Rosie

Sue
  • John, Our prayers are with you and your family. Celebrate the joyous moments among sad.

Fly high.

Jim
  • So sad to read this, John. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, too.

Tom
  • Very sorry to hear your sad news. I have visited her website several times.
  • Very sad news, John. I'm sure you'll keep up the good work you've enjoyed doing together for so long.
    Best wishes to you and your family.
    Kevin
  • Sorry to hear your sad news John, our thoughts are with you.

John
  • Very sorry to hear this John, my thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Positive thoughts go you're way today. Very sorry for your loss.

Mike.
  • That's sad news John, my heartfelt sympathies. Next time my kite flies up into the sky, I'll pause for her in my thoughts.

Simon

Dedicated to Rosie.
    I flew today and thought of you both.
  • Our family offers great sympathy and prayers for your loss. We are really comprised of just our memories and experiences and feelings of those we touch - and we hope you have that from Rosie for as long as you may live. Her spirit will remain with you, no doubt.

"Life is a bridge between the great eternities"
    Augustus McCrea - Lonesome Dove
  • Oh my gosh. I am so sorry for you John. A great partner is such a blessing and a partner that shares your interests is so so rare. I too will dedicate some kite time to you both and I hope that your and her spirits will continue to soar.
    Peace.
  • John - our condolences from California as well. We too will send a kite aloft and spend a quiet moment in honor of Rosie.
  • For John and Rosie - fly high.

Flying High Over Cold and Snowy Montreal Canada
  • Hi John, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Our condolences from all of us here at The Father's Dwelling.

Peter.
  • Just read John's post - I have not been on the forum much lately.

John, my condolences for your loss. I'm sorry....
  • John-
    So sorry for your loss....I had no idea.... but you must march on, with all the innovative work you are doing, and you and
    Rosie have done.
    Rosie's in the sky; with diamonds,
    My best,
    Paul
  • Thank you everyone.
    Despite having been in bed in hospital for more than a week, one of the last things that Rosie said to daughter Heidi was that she had had a busy day with me and was looking down on the kites. She was in a happy place for her last two weeks.
    That's where kites take us ;o)
    http://www.armadale.org.uk/

An uplifting song from our first year together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxV-TIn2Kqo&feature=youtu.be Skip any adverts that may appear.
  • John, sincere condolences from Zaandijk, The Netherlands. Since I lost my mom to the same decease in 2010 I know how you feel and how difficult it is. My thoughts are with you. That Rosie may rest in peace and be able to look down at us nutty folks with a big smile on her face.

With warm regards,

Ramon
  • My thoughts are with you John, West Lothian has lost someone special.

Mathew
  • Most Świętokrzyski

For you both, the one up there and the other one on Earth
  • Very sorry to hear this, John, and I hope you all who are left recover soon enough.
    http://www.armadale.org.uk/rosieobit.htm

On Saturday, Rosie's ashes were scattered on, and over, Cairnpapple Hill with the aid of one of her kites.
    Her ashes were released using one of the original timing techniques........ a fuse.
  • Sorry for your loss. It does bring a touch of happiness in such a difficult time to know that you honored her by using kites.
  • Wonderful farewell
  • A fantastic send off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion