Newbie question on pan servo connection

Hi,
I'm a newbie to KAP, and this is likely a very basic question coming from a non-technical person, so here goes......

I'm in the process of putting together my first rig (from Brooxes.com), and I can't figure out how to connect the pan servo (Parallax continuous rotation) to the 6V battery pack. Is there a controller that needs to link the two? I couldn't get that bit from the description of the kit on the website.

Thanks

Kenny

Comments

• If it's an auto-KAP rig, the servo connects to a controller call the "peanut", I believe. The battery also connects to the controller.

On the other hand, if you are building an R/C KAP rig, the servo connects to your receiver. (As does the battery.)
  • Hi Kenny,

a warm welcome to KAP world; the servo needs a piece of electronics between battery and servo itself

in addition it is necessary to syncronize at proper time the click after each rotation, so I suggest as solution the Gentles Click-PAN that you can buy also from Brooxes http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/clickpan/

IMPORTANT : choose the good version suitable to be connected with your camera

wish you just the minimum ordinary amount of little troubles and than good pictures

SMAC from Italy
  • Thanks! I knew I was missing something.....