Winds of Dun Laoghaire

edited April 14 in General
When the North East winds blow soft across the Irish Sea they come to Dun Laoghaire Ireland flowing gently over the two harbor jaws (breakwaters) and tumbling over the shoreline and onto the National Maritime Museum of Ireland.

The winds sometimes favor kites.

This early spring evening in Ireland was one of these special nights where the wind and kite float high the sky above with the setting sunlight splashing from buildings to the sea. A perfect way to close out a long work day that started with a 7 AM Kite Aerial Photography (KAP)/ Kite Aerial Video (KAV) session on the harbor breakwater and ended with a wonderful KAP/KAV session over the National Maritime Museum of Ireland in Dun Laoghaire.

My ITTW Levitation Light delta kite fitted with a Dynamic Spreader took the early morning flight duties and my trusty BKT Dopero was the kite of choice for this fine evening flight.

The stress of the day floated away with the wind and left many smiles behind.....

Winds of Dun Laoghaire

The National Maritime Museum of Ireland is housed in the wonderful Mariners Church building. The newly constructed dlr LexIcon, the new Central Library of Dun Laoghaire, provides a modern contrast to the traditional church cathedral.

More of this fine KAP/KAV session in the skies of Ireland will come shortly.

Below I share a few of the Kite Aerial Videos (KAVs) that have been uploaded to YouTube. No gimbals, no stabilizing gyros ... just the wind and a kite....

Enjoy!

WW

Comments