WWKW 2017 (26 May - 12 June 2017)

edited May 6 in Meetings
Hi Everyone!

Can we have a World Wide KAP week this year?

At lease we can have a change to meet again at the Flickr WWKW page in this year. and say hello to new friends. :-)

Greetings from Singapore

Erich Chew

Comments

• Hey Erich.

Why not propose a set of dates?! If you take the lead I bet others will follow.....

Greetings from Guernsey : -)
  • edited May 5
    Hi Everyone!

Lets us continue to have a WWKW this year, 2017.

I wish to propose the date start on 26 May and end on 12th June, across 3 weekends, because I saw many KAPers unable to have a successful KAP session due to works, no wind and other reason, this is why I wish to propose to have 1 more weekend for the WWKW2017.

Please voice up if you have any suggestion.

Greetings from Singapore

Erich Chew
  • I second the motion.

26 May - 5 June works for me.
  • edited May 5
    Sorry!

I counted wrongly, across 3 weekends..... the end date should be 12th June!

26 May - 12 June

Erich Chew
  • Great idea. I'll join you.

Dave Wheeler
  • So the World Wide KAP Week becomes the World Wide KAP Window?

I need to get my KAP head back in play.

Greetings from Herm.
  • great idea
    i better get out there and join the movement
  • Erich,

Thanks four keeping the tradition going.

The dates look great.

Count me in.

WW
  • Great, we will join you. Will be in Iceland and Feroe over that period.
  • SueSue
    edited May 9
    Yess! I'll be with LoKAP (Laurence) for some of that time. We're going to sail in the semaine de Golfe du Morbihan in Brittany. It's a very big traditional sailing boat rally all the first WWKW week :-)
    Won't fly high because of helicopters :-(
    http://www.semainedugolfe.com

Fly High

Sue

• Thanks everyone for your support!! :-)

Hi Sue,

Looking forward for your new KAPtures in in the semaine de Golfe du Morbihan in Brittany. :-)

Can help to check with Ramon, is the Flickr Group open during that period for posting?

And, is there another alternative photo uploading site for WWKW e.g. Ipernity?
    I understand that not all of us is using Flickr to upload their photos.

Regards,

Erich chew
  • An alternative uploading site.....

What about a Google+ group? It is probably the biggest platform on which to share and promote KAP under the WWKW event.
  • Hello my KAPer friends!
    I'm really happy for that tradition too. This year we'll have our biggest kite festival in Hungary https://www.facebook.com/pakozdisarkanyeregetok/ so it is a perfect date for us!

Smooth winds for you!
    Komi
  • Over 3 weekends suits me better from the old weather window!! I'm in. Google+ is a good idea too.

Cheers, Peter.
  • Hi everyone!

I'm totally new to google+.

I have try created a "WWKW 2017" Communities using my own google+ account for testing purposes.

Please let me know how i can improve it, or anyone who familiar with google+ is willing to help in host & mange the Group.

Cheers,

Erich.
  • I'm new too Eric, but it let me join. Good job!
  • Wow I'm in too Eric. As Dave says, Good job. Like the categories.
  • Looking good!
  • Hi Erich, all,

Good idea to extend the time frame for the 2017 edition. I also signed up to your Google+ community.

For the flickr WWKW pool I am looking for at least one moderator, just in case. So... any volunteers, please?

Cheers,

Ramon
  • Hey Ramon. I'll be around for the duration so happy to be a mod if it helps.
    Kev
  • Ramon, I can also help with the flickr WWkW group if needed.

Let the fun begin! Hope to do some Kayak KAPing this coming Friday.

WW

• Let the WWKW fun begin!

Get those kites up in the air....with cameras!

WW
  • edited May 26
    I‘m ready! but waiting for rain to stop! :-)

Here are the link for Flickr & Google+ for WWKW2017 upload

https://www.flickr.com/groups/wwkapweekend/pool
    https://plus.google.com/communities/112344800541320884758

for Google+, you can either upload photo directly or just upload the URL link from your flickr photo.

Let us have fun!!

Erich chew
  • I do believe I'm the first to post this year!
  • That was quick, Dave - but you clearly didn't have to go far from home. Totnes is growing, it seems.
  • Indeed Totnes is growing, Jim, and not in a good way. A small town like Totnes, with a population of 8000 or so, is having to have to cope with a 15-20% increase in population without infrastructure improvements (schools, roads etc). The development in the foreground of my photos (laughingly called "Camomile Lawn" after the novel by local author Mary Wesley) was turned down by the local authority (and the local population) but the developers appealed and the cost of fighting the appeal and losing was too risky for the authority so they backed off. You can see the site clearly at the lower centre of the Google Maps satellite view.

The Dukes of Somerset (direct descendants of the older brother of Henry VIII's 3rd wife Jane Seymour) own much of the eastern side of the Dart and have been selling it off over the years. The current Duke has been particularly greedy (he's been called the Duke of Hazard in the local press).