MS! Selling KAP & PAP gear

It's been a while since I've posted in the KAP forum. About 3 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with MS. Unfortunately, my condition has progressed to the point where I am unable to do any sort of KAP or PAP. My balance is all jacked up, and I now use a cane to walk even short distances. Long story short, I doubt that I'll ever use my KAP or PAP gear again. I'm posting this here to gauge interest. I can provide pics and additional details to anyone who wants to buy any / all of my stuff. Here is what I have, off the top of my head:

11m Carp Pole for Pole Aerial Photography
12.5m Carp Pole for Pole Aerial Photography
Flow Form 8
Flow Form 16
Flow Form 30
Fled Kite
Assortment of rigs from Brooxes

On a side note, I have been continuing my passion for aerial photography by using a DJI Mavic Pro. It's definitely not the same as using a kite, but with my disability, I'm able to fly and continue to get some great shots. Anyway, let me know if anyone here is interested in picking up some great, used KAP/PAP gear.

Mike

Comments

• Where would you be shipping from?
  • Mike, sorry to hear about the MS. Praying for remission! I remember the many fine KAP shots you have taken over the years.

I also remember the WWKW book you helped to edit!

I am certain you can find a taker for your fine KAP gear.

Glad you are still enjoying the aierial shots with the Mavic! A fine piece of kit... That continues to temp me!

Keep flying!

WW
  • Hi Mike
    I might be interested in one of the carp pole depending if it's still available and pricing. You can send me an email at info@yvonhache.com.
  • Hi Mike
    I can only echo Wind Watcher's thoughts.
    Thanks for all you have contributed to the KAP world - especially the WWKW book which I treasure.
    I'm glad you are still enjoying aerial photography (we won't talk about the method)

Fly High

Sue
  • I'm in SE Wisconsin. I am on vacation this week, but will post pictures when I get back. I already have on email requesting all the KAP gear including the FF kites. I'll get info on the carp poles and rigs, and the fled. It would be nice to see them all go to a good home.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I've always liked the KAP community and this forum. :)
  • Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about the MS.
    I disposed of my largest kite only yesterday as arthritis is becoming problematic. Worst of all, when MD fully takes over in my remaining good eye, kites, drones and driving will not be options. So, I am like the Caretaker in the first episode of Stat Trek Voyager, trying to do as much as I can, while I can.
    Good luck with the Mavic.

To breeze-free days
    John
  • edited September 9
    Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics of the Carp Poles. I'd like to sell this as a set, as one of the poles has a repair on it and is missing one of the top pieces, which shortens the overall height of the set up. These were originally purchased from a website in England, and then a fellow KAP/PAP'r from this site was kind enough to ship them to me in the states. (Thanks Dave Mitchell!) Retail on these babies was around $250 for the pair, and who knows how much shipping was to Dave and then the states. Make me an offer, and then we'll have to figure out how to get them shipped to you. It would be convenient to have someone in the SE Wisconsin or Chicago area interested, as they could be hand delivered! I'm thinking like $100 for everything, both poles, the custom camera rig, and the GoPro camera bracket. I'll try and get the KAP stuff together this weekend for posting.

The one set has a fiberglass sleeve repair on it.

This is the camera rig. It's pool noodles and aluminum to spread the weight of the camera across the pole tip. Works great with a Point and shoot type camera in portrait mode. I used a Sony NEX-5. There is also a 1/4" screw on the top for a GoPro.

If you have a GoPro or other light camera, you can use the top section and get another 5 feet of height.

It will be sad to see these go, but it's been a really long time since I used them, and I'd rather wee someone else have them. I'm not sure this is still the case, but I know that it's difficult to get these in the states, so think of them as collectibles! Here are some of my favorite shots I got with my PAP setup.

• i too am saddened to hear your news i too will say a prayer for you. i do like your pole photos. cant say i have heard of carp poles before but i'm in different part of the world lol
  • I'm sad and disappointed,

wish you all the best possible for whatever activity

I'm a bit far from your place,... SMAC from Italy
  • Hi Mike,
    You got some nice stuff. I'm sad too see that you can't use these anymore. You really took some good pictures with this.

If it's not too late I'd like too make you a good offer for these. Send me an email info@yvonhache.com.

Thanks
  • edited September 11
    The Carp Poles and rigs have been sold and accounted for. Here are some pics of the KAP gear. I'm still looking for a few things, but here are the kites on one of the rigs. I have a Brooxes basic rig with AuRiCo controller, and will post pics if I find it. Make me an offer on the other gear!

- Brooxes Deluxe KAP Kit (Battery Included, no receiver) w/ PeKaBe Ball Bearing Blocks and Brooxes Hangups
    - Flow Form 8
    - Flow Form 16
    - Flow Form 30
    - Halo Hoop Winder 8" with 500' Dacron Line
    - Halo Hoop Winder 9" with +1000' Dacron line
    - Brooxes Better Camera Keeper(s)

Kites are shown so you can see the colors. The bags they are stored in are included.

Flow Form 30 w/ 2x Fuzzy Tail

Flow Form 16 w/ 2x Fuzzy Tail

Flow Form 8 w/ 2x Fuzzy Tail